The Sandals Foundation was launched in 2009 to expand upon the philanthropic work the Sandals Group has undertaken for the past thirty years. Working with international and local partners, team members and civic leaders, the Sandals Foundation engages in programs under three key areas, Education, Environment and Community in order to enhance the lives of those less fortunate and protect our environment.
- “Care for Kids” high school scholarship program inclusive of mentorship, tutoring and community service,
- “Adopt a School Program”,
- Upgrades to infrastructure and technology as well as teacher training at our 26 adopted schools,
- Literacy training with Partners Great Shape,
- “Reading Road Trip”,
- Weekly voluntary outreach to assist slower readers.
- Free dental and optical services,
- Health clinics,
- Partnership with two inner city community centers to undertake all that is needed to provide a safe haven to engage our vulnerable youth,
- Engaging Youth through sports- Cricket Academies and Golf Academy.
- Efforts include management of Marine Sanctuaries in Partnership with Ministry of Agriculture,
- Climate Change tree planting program
- Spreading Environmental Awareness.