Jamaica National Commission for UNESCO
Address: 25 Dominica Drive 3rd Floor, The Towers New Kingston P.O. Box 202, Kingston 5 Jamaica
Telephone: (876) 926-5480
Fax: (876) 929-4022
Web Site: http://www.jncunesco.gov.jm
The Jamaica National Commission for UNESCO works to achieve the following goals:
- Promote the free flow of ideas and advance mutual understanding of all people. By collaborating with UNESCO Member States the Commission promotes educational, scientific and cultural activities to develop equality for all.
- Maintain, increase and disseminate knowledge. The Commission encourages international exchange of expertise and facilitates sharing items of artistic and scientific significance.
- Advise the Government of Jamaica on issues relevant to UNESCO’s objectives. The Commission ensures that government ministries working to advance education, science, culture and information are involved in UNESCO’s activities.
- Facilitate implementation of UNESCO’s programmes at the national level. The Commission administers specific resolutions adopted at UNESCO’s General Conferences, consistent with Jamaican Government policies.
- Publicize UNESCO fellowships, study grants and appointments. The Commission offers educational opportunities under general direction of the appropriate government authority.