JAMAL Foundation/Jamaica Foundation For Lifelong Learning
The JAMAL Foundation was established on November 5, 1974 as the Jamaican Movement for the advancement of literacy (JAMAL) with the following objectives:
To eradicate illiteracy in the shortest time possible.
To improve the literacy skills of the adult population of Jamaica.
To develop human resources and so enable each adult citizen to participate meaningfully in the social, economic and cultural development of the country
Mrs. Audrey Hinchcliffe - Chairman, businesswoman and head of the Workforce Development Consortium, an accredited training institution
- Mr. Everton Morgan, HR executive
- Mr. Kahlil Clarke, business executive - aviation
- Mr Johann Heaven, finance executive
- Mr. Donovan Mayne, insurance executive
- Mrs. Jean Hall
- Ms. Clover Barnett, strategist - TVET
- Mrs. Arlene Harrison Henry, attorney-at-law, Independent Jamaican Council for Human Rights
- Dr. Wayne Wesley, HEART Trust/NTA
- Dr. Tamika Benjamin, educator - Mico University
- Reverend Dr. Webster Edwards, founder Operation Friendship
- Bishop Robert Thompson, head Anglican Communion Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
- Mr. Lorenzo Ellis, Principal - Haile Selassie High School
- Councillor Patricia Harris, Angels Division, St Catherine
*Appointed June 11, 2012 to June 10, 2015
124 East Street. Parish Office (876) 922-3969.